Thursday, July 26, 2012

What's in a Name?!

When my daughter (who happens to be typing this in for me today), Michelle and I started our little practice we spent a long time coming up with our name. Eventually we selected the name of Tailor Made Business Solutions, PLLC. No this was not because I love golf but Michelle felt that through my career I never approached a client’s needs with a predesigned or cookie cutter blueprint or design. But rather I tried to design processes and procedures that were tailored to the way they thought and did business without sacrificing the disciplines necessary to provide sound financial recording and reporting for them and outsiders who relied on this valuable information.  Additionally, with Michelle's prior background in Human Resources, we really could go in and meet all their needs if necessary.
However, as of late though, we are both beginning to rethink the name. Why you ask, well we get a lot of requests for quotes on anything from alterations of suits for men, hemming a dress, to the actual fabrication of custom and tailored made clothing for all genders and ages.
Now I have a dry sense of humor which most people do not always appreciate. Therefore I don’t turn these people away. So my stock answer to any of these people who call because they did not get past the first word tailor is that I will do the job for $5,000. There is always dead air after this quotes, so I quickly jump in to tell them what the business is really about and once I take a course in Tailoring (cost of $4,500) I would be more than happy to try and help them.
Any takers on two horrible seamstresses tailoring your clothes?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment